Thursday, September 26, 2013

Snow Day! (Not yet but they're coming soon!)

Another long day of teaching left me drained and most definitely ready for tomorrow to be Friday, as well as  Winter break (although it's plenty early it'll be here soon enough).  In honor of colder weather ahead as well as an extended break from teaching and long days in my classroom I decided to do a winter themed card.  So enough of the usual complaints, let's get to the creation for this evening.

As my favorite color is purple (in case you didn't know this by now) I decided to go with a simple color scheme.  Including a deep purple base with a lighter but not too light purple overlay, I followed this up with another dark purple to help the snowflake pop off the card.  Using a few special tools I was able to make the snowflake extra cool tonight, the first tool I used was my framelite which helped create the snowflake design (to which I created with my Big Shot).  After this portion was done I then used a versa stamp to attach embossing powder. thus making it easier with such a detailed item to attach the embossed piece.  When the embossed part is attached it looks blah at first, but when heat is applied it changes colors right before one's eyes.  The silver really helps draw everything neatly together for the snowflake, to attach it to my card I used glue and a few dimensional's to help make it pop even more.  Once this was completed, all that was left to do was to stamp my greeting.  A perfect card for the right person who love purple this holiday season.  Until next time, happy carding everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment