Monday, September 16, 2013

Thank you!

After a long day at school and coming home with a migraine, I decided that an easy card was in order.  I searched my Pinterest board for a card sketch that caught my eye.  I found one that was simpler to the card that I made, but I didn't included all of the elements that were in the sketch.  But enough with the chitchat and let's discuss tonight's card.

When making this card, I picked out the overlay of the card first and then based the rest of the colors around it.  Once the overlay was cut out, I decided on a dark gray card base.  I then picked out three colors that went well with the overlay and stamped three flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set.  After the ink was dried, I punched them out using the Pansy Punch.  They did not line up perfectly, but after they were placed on the card you can't really tell that there is more white space in one area then another.  Once the flowers were completed, I used my Silhouette to cut out a circle that the three flowers could be placed around.  I then glued the flowers onto the circle and then onto the overlay.  Using Sassy Salutations stamp set, I stamped "thank you" in the middle of the circle.  Once the card was completed or so I thought, I decided that something was missing so I added rhinestones to the middle of each flower and thus my card was completed.  As you can see, I didn't follow the sketch exactly, but it turned out remarkable anyway.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment