Sunday, September 22, 2013

Acorn

Autumn is now offically here, and as it is the first day of a new season it brings a new series of cards to create.  While Thanksgiving is just over tow months away, 6 months has already passed since we celebrated Easter (hard to believe it), thus turkey and family will be gathering again soon.  This is probably my favorite part of the holiday season, getting together with family and friends that I haven't seen in forever.  So to go with the autumn theme, let's see how things went in place.

I don't have much Thanksgiving paper so I decided to create my own background.  After receving my big Stampin UP order on Friday, I decided that using my new leaf stamp would make for a perfect background.  I used a technique called thumping to make the background.  I stamped the leaf into a gray ink pad.  I then starting tapping orange onto the leaf using my stamping markers.  Once I thought I had enough orange on the leaf, I repeated the process with a red stamp marker.  I then stamped it onto the paper.  Once it was stamped on the paper, I stamped again in another spot and this created a lighter image on the paper.  I repeated this process until I was satisfied with the background.  After the background was complete, I used my Silhouette to cut out the different layers of my acorns.  Assembling was required for the acorns, but it didn't take very long to put them together.  I then custom cut out the other overlay and the base of my card.  Once all of the my pieces were ready, I adhered them together.  Finishing my card, I punched out a Word Window and Modern Label and then stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" on the Word Window.  This card turned out super cute.  I hope I can create snowman card tomorrow since I will be getting a light blue ink pad in the mail.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment