Monday, September 23, 2013

What a Day!

Today was one of those days where you want to crawl back into bed and hide underneath the covers all day.  My day started with cleaning up after my sick dog.  That is not a great way to start off your Monday.  I was hoping my day would go better once I got to school, but it didn't.  I was so busy that I barely had time to seat down and eat my lunch before the my day got even busier with back to back classes.  Enough of me complaining how crappy my day was and onto tonight's creation.

Tonight's creation I started last night, but I didn't have the right color ink for the snowman so I decided to wait until I got today's Stampin UP shipment.  In today's shipment, I got a greenish-blue ink color called "Pool Party," which was perfect for the snowman.  Last night, I used my Festive Flurry framelit and ran it through my Big Shot to create the snowflake frame of my card.  I wanted something to go inside my snowflake frame so I stamped the body of the snowman from the "Snow Day" stamp set onto a piece of white cardstock.  I then finished my snowman by adding extra details like I did when I was a little kid playing in the snow.  Once my snowman was complete, I positioned him in the middle of the frame and glued the two pieces together.  I then cut off the white cardstock that was hanging over the edges.  After the overlay was done, I finished my card by custom cutting the base of my card.  Even though Christmas is 92 days away, it is never to early to start making Christmas cards.  If you are like me, I have over 50 cards to make this year and I usually wait until the last minute to complete them so starting early is a plus for me.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment