Saturday, September 28, 2013

Snowman!

Today I spent a lot of time in my craft room helping one of my friends with a scrapbook for her husband.  Once she was off to a great start, I decided that a nap was in order since I felt a cold coming on.  Darn children and their germs and always wanting to share them with me.  After my nap, I thought it was time to start my card before the day got too far way from me.  So let's talk about tonight's remarkable creation.

I wanted to use my score board tonight since I haven't used it in a while and decided that using it for rosette's would be a great idea.  I cut three strips of white cardstock and scored them every 1/4".  Once they were scored, I fold them like an accordion.  Bringing the two ends together and placing 2-way glue on one end to attach the other now shows a rosette taking shape.  I then pushed the sides together to create almost a fan in shape, I pushed the rosette down into the hot glue to help keep it shape.  Holding it on top of the glue seems like a waste of time, but after a thirty seconds the rosette peeled right off the silicone pad.  This technique worked way better than the one I used last time.  I didn't have to fight with the rosette to make it stay glued together.  Once the three rosettes were finished, I put them to the side so that I could cut out the card.  After the card was cut out, I used a small snowflake from the "Festive Flurry" collection and stamped until the first of the card was completed filled with snowflakes.  I then grabbed the three rosettes and placed 3D foam squares on the back of them.  Since they are an odd shape, the foam squares were the only thing that would keep them in place  I had to overlap them to make sure that the whole snowman fit on the card.  Once the snowman was adhered to the card, I was able to finish adding the final touches to help him look more like Frosty the Snowman (no copyright violation intended).  Even though this card took me four hours to complete, I would create this card again because it is a new twist on Frosty the Snowman.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment