Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving is only 75 days away, so I decided there was no better time then the present to start making Turkey Day theme cards. With more unseasonable temperatures it felt more like summer and less like fall today.  While I enjoy many parts of summer I look forward to cool fall days (mainly because I have no AC in my classroom like I said yesterday).  Somehow over the years of my youth, the turkey has been transformed into quite a character weather pilgrims hat or plethora of colors on his tail feathers.  Enough chit chat and onto the gobble.

Tonight I used my Silhouette to cut the different layers of the turkey.  After all of the layers were cut out, the turkey needed some dressing.  Dressing the turkey was not the easiest tonight since he had multiple layers that overlapped with one another and they needed to be placed just right.  Once the turkey was finished, I used my trimmer to cut a custom overlay to fit the pre-made cards that I am trying to use up.  After the overlay was cut out, I ran it through my Cuttlebug and embossed fall leaves onto the background.  Then completing my card, I complied the pieces together to give an overall feeling of completion to the card.  Until next, happy carding!


No comments:

Post a Comment