Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thinking of You!

Being able to relax was definitely the change of pace my body needed today, as my cold is progressively getting better I hope to feel even better for school tomorrow.  After taking a nap (after all everyone else in apartment tends to sleep on Sunday), I decided to make another creation from Julie Davidson's blog.  Keep reading or skip to the end, where I will post a link to the video for those who are interested.

Starting with two pieces of cardstock which are going to be used as the base of the card (a) I scored them at 1/4" on one side.  Placing a piece of sticky strip on both of the scored ends, I then put the two pieces to the side to use later.  Stamping a total of  nine flowers (three of each design) I used my Pansy punch to give them the flower shape.  It's very evident that I have been using my flower punches a lot lately as it doesn't take nearly as much time to line them up.  Once the flowers were done, I used my trimmer to cut a piece of window sheet into the lengths were needed for this card.  After the window sheet was done, I put adhesive onto the back of one flower and then place the window.  Then using the same flower on top so that the flower can be viewed from both sides.  I repeated this step three more times until I had all flowers for my card complete.  Removing the backing on the sticky strip and then started lining up my flowers on the scored side of one piece of the cardstock.  I had to make sure that the flowers weren't too close to the edge or they would stick out of the card.  Once the flowers were in position, I removed the backing from the other piece of cardstock and affixed them together.  This made my card base and when I opened up the card, the flowers were given the appearance as if they were floating in the air.  I added a scalloped border on both sides of the folded part since they didn't line up quite right.  This gave it an look of grass which really tickled my fancy as to how well that turned out.  After the inside was complete, I added a 3" circle and three more matching flowers to the front of the card.  When everything was adhered down, I stamped "thinking of you" from Sassy Salutations in the center of the circle and thus completing my card.  I love how this card turned out.  I am already started thinking about different themes that I could use for this card.  Someone might be receiving a floating snowflake card for Christmas.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.

Front of the Card

Inside of the Card

Measurement Guide
(a)  Base of the Card:  4.5" by 5.5" (2 pieces)

Link to the video tutorial:  http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2013/07/papillion-potpourri-floating-pop-up-card.html

No comments:

Post a Comment