Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rainbow Starbrust

Today was a much better day then yesterday.  My pounding headache has put me in funk and left me without words to describe yesterday's creation.  Best part of today was seeing smiles faces as they departed the classroom with a new bit of knowledge.  Today, I taught them the home row.  Being a teacher is great and the most rewarding part is knowing that I taught them something that they will use for many years to come.  Enough about keyboarding and kids, time to discuss tonight's creation.

Tonight's card was inspired by a card that I found on Pinterest during my lunch break.  Since I was feeling much better then yesterday, I decided to make today's card a little more extreme in color.  I choose different pattern paper in various rainbow colors to make the brightest part of the card.  Once the patterns were chosen, I cut them in 3" strips and then cut them diagonally from point to point which created a nice triangle shape.  After I made six triangles, I placed them in order on the overlay that was ran trough my Xyron to apply adhesive to the whole thing.  After the paper was placed on the overlay, I trimmed off the excess paper that was hanging over the edge.  I then cut off 1 1/2" from the bottom of the overlay so that I had room on the card to stamp a salutation once the card was complete.  Before completing the card, I had to stamp three flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set  in colors that went with my starburst background.  Once the flowers were stamped, I wanted for the ink to dry so it would not be smear and then I punched them out using the Pansy Punch.  I then arranged them in the middle of the card overlapping in the middle so that "thank you" would fit in the middle by the flowers.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment