Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

The morning started out with homemade french toast for breakfast made by my sweetheart, being a Sunday we decided to be lazy and watch a few episodes of my newest TV addiction "Orange is the New Black" on. As today is my birthday I was given the title of "queen for the day" and was able to choose what we did.  Last weened was spent celebrating my birthday with family and friends, so sitting at home doing nothing was perfect just fine by me for this rainy Sunday.  Enough about me, you're hear to read about my card and how it was created.

Since I was able to finally catch up on my sleep, I decided to try out a new card fold technique called the "Flip and Fold Card."  First and most importantly I cut out the base (a).  Once I was done with this I scored it at 2", 4" 8", and 10".  After I scored the base, I folded the 4" score mark to the middle of the card and then folded the 2" score mark to the outside of the card.  Repeating these steps with the other two score marks as well the card was now folded. I then took my ruler and measured 2 3/4"  on the right and left side of the card and marked them with a pencil.  Unfolding the card and lining up the 4" score marks with the pencil line, I placed it within the track of paper trimmer and make a cut.  I then turned it around and lined up the score mark again as well as my pencil mark again and made another cut.

Lining the scraps up with the score marks on the card base, I applied adhesive and placed them on the inside of the card.  I then took my bone folder and gave each side a nice crisp fold.  This is followed up by decorating the inside of the card. I began by cutting two overlays (b & c) for the center and placed the whisper white overlay in the center of the rich razzleberry card stock.  After combining the two together, I then attached it to the center of base.  Using my Silhouette to cut out a label to go in the middle of the card to act like a gate.  Once this was cut out, I stamped "Happy Birthday" in the center using a ink that was similar in color to the base.  To keep the the tag on the card, I only applied adhesive on one half of it so that the card was able to open.  Now that my card is complete, it is time to go relax some more before it is back to work tomorrow and my birthday is over.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


Measurement Guide:
(a)  Polka Dot Parade Designer Paper Card Base:  5 1/2" by 12"
(b)  Rich Razzleberry Overlay:  3 1/2" by 5"
(c)  Whisper White Overlay:  3" by 4 1/2"


No comments:

Post a Comment