Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Haunting Good Time!

Nearly 100 days ago I set myself the goal to create a card a day for a year, as I was only just beginning the adventure at that time.  I always figured it would best to get in the habit of making a new creation each day, but here I am on day 99.  I've had many ups and downs in life since the project started, but with life happening every moment around me I take it in stride and try my best to be creative.  Tomorrow will probably hold a blog much more word filled, as it is going to be a milestone card.  Enough blabber and onto tonight's creation!

After a long day at school combined with a visit to the doctor, I knew that I was going to be run down by the time I finally arrived home.  I was happy to find a  SVG file on the "freebie of the day" from Miss Kate Cuttables, it was meant to be and I downloaded with much glee.  Many different Halloween elements are visible in this card but with enough smiles this card is perfect for any young child celebrating their first Halloween.  The color theme was an obvious choice, as the base card is black with an orange overlay (both were custom cut).  My ever ready Silhouette cut everything else to shape (which I'm surprised hasn't broken down with the amount of use I've put into in the last few months).  I decided to get a bit creative with my placement of the bats/moon/skeleton/tombstone on the card just to keep the flow semi-natural on the card.  I topped the card off with "Happy Halloween" stamped on the right side of the moon.


Measurement Guide:
(a) Card Base:  7" by 10"
(b) Overlay:  6.75" by 4.75"

No comments:

Post a Comment