Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Popsicles!

What a busy day it was, much to do and so little time to do it.  It seems like yesterday the school year ended, but yet here we are back at it for another year of fun filled adventures.  It was great to see many of my students for the first time in almost 3 months, but living in the area I ran into many of them around town running errands and such this summer.  Enough of the emotions of a new school year and onward with the creation for tonight.

Fighting with the weather (which recently has taken a cool down) I felt it was a good idea to make a summer themed card as I'm not sure how many warm days we actually have left.  Popsicles are a great summer treat, even if they do leave your tongue a rainbow palette.  Today I used two of my go to tools: the always reliable Silhouette, as well as a stamp (which are always an easy choice).  The popsicles were cut out in layers of 4, each layer consisted of a different color to give it a more 3D look.  The first layer was brown, followed by white, thirdly a darker shade of the solid color making up the popsicle.  Only the solid color required extra cutting as it included the month and eyes to give a face to the popsicle.  Underneath these included features I placed a white piece of paper as to imitate white bottoms. As today is the 3rd of September I decided to go with the theme of threes, and thus created three separate popsicles.  Obviously each have their own color, but the smiles are all the same.  Using my "happy birthday" stamp from the "happiest birthday wishes" collection I finished this card off with a stamp in the bottom right hand corner, with a blue darker than my overlay I was able to make it stand out more.  Well everyone its been a long day and just about time for me to turn in for the night, until next time happy carding!


No comments:

Post a Comment