Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Telescoping Card

With the dog being sick and having a moment of temporary insanity (as I thought I lost my Ipad), the cards are definitely not in my favor this week. I'm looking forward to Friday once more so that school can be done until Monday.  But unfortunately I still have two more days until Friday arrives, so alas who knows I'll be dealt until then.  Enough negativity and onto the positive of my day, my remarkable creation for this evening.

Even though today was not the best of days, I decided that I wanted to make a card that I've been wanting to try for a while.  It's a telescoping design that I found on fellow card maker, Julie Davidson's, blog.  She even had a video tutorial that I'll post at the end of my blog for tonight.  First, I used my Big Shot and circle framelits to create the scalloped and middle circle.  Once these were completed, I used my Silhouette sketch pens to write "Thank you for being a friend" and then I cut out the next circle so that everything was lined up correctly.  Finally I cut out the scalloped circle and the regular circle on top with my Silhouette as well since it was easier to cut out the whole thing.  I then used a flower stamp to add a bit of color to the two white circles.  I then stamped "to my friend " on the inside of the smaller circle.  After the two circles were stamped, I glued the larger circle and scalloped circle together.  Repeating this for the smaller circle and the small scalloped circle.  Once the circles were attached, I laid the largest circle on top of the scalloped circle and took my 1/4" hole punch and punched a hole through both of them.  I then put a teal brad through the hole and closed it.  Then opening up the second circle and laying the smaller scalloped circle in the middle, I used my hole punch to punch through those two layers and put another teal brad through that hole and closed it.  I had to make sure that the sentiment was upside down so that it would be right side up when it was opened up completely.  I then open it up and punched a hole through the top of the scalloped circle for the ribbon.  The card is different then the cards that I have created previous for this project, but I am trying to use a different technique or fold once a week to keep my project more interesting.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!

Fold all together

Opened up completely




No comments:

Post a Comment