Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hello Friend

While today didn't start out any better than yesterday since I woke up to a sick dog again at 2:30 in the morning, but my day did get better when I got to school.  My day was not as crazy as yesterday and that helped as well.  It was a very tiring day since I didn't get much sleep, but I made it through the day.  Once I got home, I searched Pinterest and then decided that I need a nap before making tonight's creation.  Let's discuss the skinny of tonight's card.

Tonight I used my Silhouette sketch pens to write "Hello Friend" on the overlay.  Once the sentiment was written, I used my Silhouette to cut out the overlay so that the sentiment was in the correct location.  Using my trimmer, I cut out four rectangles that are all different sizes.  Once the rectangles were cut out, I glued the pattern paper on top of the solid pink.  I then overlapped them on my card and I tired to make sure that both sides had the same amount of space.  After that part of the card was glued down, I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set to stamp the flower and the center.  I used a dark purple (Elegant Eggplant) and a dark pink (Melon Mambo) for the flower since you can't really tell the colors in the picture.  I adhered the flower onto the card with dimensionals to make it pop off the paper a little more.  Finishing my card, I custom cut the card and adhered the overlay onto it.  This card turned out exactly how I envision it.  The layout could be used for several different occasions.  I will be making this card again, but changing the theme to something else.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment